To become a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher, you must complete a 1-day Iron Yoga Teacher Training (IYTT) Certification Course, taught by a Master Iron Yoga Instructor and follow the process outlined below.
Becoming a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher will allow you to teach Iron Yoga and use the name Iron Yoga at any studio, gym, fitness center or at a private location, both to groups for classes and to individuals for private sessions. You will become part of a community of Certified Iron Yoga Teachers and will be listed in our online directory of Certified Iron Yoga Teachers on our website, with a link to your own business website, if you wish. This will allow potential clients to find out where you are teaching and contact you directly. We can also do marketing promotions for your Iron Yoga classes and workshops and help you get started with your Iron Yoga business!
Cost: The cost of becoming a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher is $499 for an in person class, or a Special Reduced Rate of $349 for an online teacher training class. For the in person classes, this cost includes an Iron Yoga Book, Online Videos, Teacher Training Maual and personal instruction and feedback during a 1-day IYTT Certification Course. For the livestream online classes, please purchase the Iron Yoga book on Amazon prior to the class. Online Iron Yoga videos will be distributed to the participants prior to the live class, and all other training materials will be presented during the class. Payment can be made in full, or a deposit can be paid to hold your spot, with the balance due one week prior to the class.
Schedule: Iron Yoga Teacher Training Certification Courses are currently being held Online via Zoom video conferencing, 8am - 5pm PST with a 45 minute lunch break. The start and end times may be adjusted slightly depending on the location of the participants, to allow for people to attend from across the globe!
Cancellation Policy: There will be no refund if you cancel, although you may reschedule for a future course, for no additional cost, as long as you email us to reschedule at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled course.
No pre-requisites are required in order to take the IYTT course, however it is an advantage if you are already a yoga teacher, fitness instructor or personal trainer.
The IYTT Certification Course may be used towards Continuing Education hours for Yoga Alliance because your instructor Sally Mitchell is an E-RYT (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) and a YACEP (Yoga Alliance Certified Education Provider).
"Sally is amazing! She knows the Iron Yoga Philosophy and teaches it in a clear and concise way. Her passion shows in her teaching and her practice. Iron Yoga honors the mind, body, breath connection in Yoga and gives it a nice addition of connecting mind, body, breath with muscle." - Jean Wolfgang, Certified Iron Yoga Teacher 2020
"Iron Yoga is the best exercise I have ever found! I love Iron Yoga so much; it is now the only yoga I teach. The use of weights definitely makes you more mindful of your thoughts and actions. You become more attentive to the use of your body. After an Iron Yoga class, you feel accomplishment. Give it a try. You may love it too." - Anny Young, Certified Iron Yoga Teacher 2020
"Great presentation of material. Detail of postures, breath, sequencing spot on! Sally is very genuine and passionate about her craft. Super source of information! I initially would have preferred the training class live in a studio but the on-line teacher training was fantastic! So convenient and without the added expense of travel. Sally made me feel like we were in the same room. Highly recommend it! Thank you!" - Jeffrey Myers, Certified Iron Yoga Teacher 2020
1) Registration and Payment - Register online and make payment by clicking one of the buttons below. Once your payment has been received, an Iron Yoga book will be mailed to you for in person classes (please purchase the book on Amazon yourself for online classes), along with confirmation for the course. We will share our online Iron Yoga videos with you, as well as a pre-study material membership site.
2) Self Study and Online Test - Read the Iron Yoga book and watch the Iron Yoga videos as many times as possible, learning the key principles of Iron Yoga and all the postures and sequences. Review all the pre-study material and complete and pass (80% pass rate) a short multi-choice test online, which is included in the pre-study material membership site. You may have 3 attempts at passing the test.
3) Certification Course - Attend a 1-day Iron Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course, in person or online, led by a Master Iron Yoga Instructor. All modules during the course must be attended in order to complete your certification. You will teach a short Iron Yoga sequence during the afternoon of the class to the other students in the class. You will be evaluated and feedback will be provided. If you pass both the test and the practice teaching, you will qualify to become a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher and you will be notified by email after the class. If you do not pass both test and practice teaching during the class, you will be given the opportunity to schedule a follow up test and practice teaching, within 6 months from the date of your IYTT class. If you do not pass the follow up test and practice teaching, you will be required to take the IYTT class again if you wish to pursue becoming a Certified Iron Yoga teacher.
4) Certification - Within 12 months from the date of your IYTT class, you will be required to sign the Iron Yoga agreement and provide your Professional Liability Insurance Policy. Once these documents have been received and approved by Iron Yoga, you will receive your Certified Iron Yoga Instructor Certificate. If we do not receive both your signed agreement and your liability insurance policy within 12 months from the date of your IYTT class, you will be required to take the IYTT class again if you wish to pursue becoming a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher.
5) After Becoming Certified - Once certified, your name, bio and contact information will be added to the Iron Yoga website as a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher. You will be able to use the Iron Yoga name on any marketing materials for your classes and business.
6) Annual Renewal - By January 31 each year, you will be required to pay an Annual Renewal Fee of $50 in order to continue teaching the Iron Yoga workout. You will be reminded each year to pay your Annual Renewal Fee in order to maintain your certification, as well as provide your updated professional liability insurance policy certificate and sign the Iron Yoga agreement.
For questions, please send us a message via our Contact page.
REGISTER - APRIL 15, 2023
Feel free to send us a message with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!