Teacher Training Process
1) Registration and Payment - Register online and make payment by clicking one of the buttons below. Once your payment has been received, an Iron Yoga book will be mailed to you for in person classes (please purchase the book on Amazon yourself for online classes), along with confirmation for the course. We will share our online Iron Yoga videos with you, as well as a pre-study material membership site.
2) Self Study and Online Test - Read the Iron Yoga book and watch the Iron Yoga videos as many times as possible, learning the key principles of Iron Yoga and all the postures and sequences. Review all the pre-study material and complete and pass (80% pass rate) a short multi-choice test online, which is included in the pre-study material membership site. You may have 3 attempts at passing the test.
3) Certification Course - Attend a 1-day Iron Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course, in person or online, led by a Master Iron Yoga Instructor. All modules during the course must be attended in order to complete your certification. You will teach a short Iron Yoga sequence during the afternoon of the class to the other students in the class. You will be evaluated and feedback will be provided. If you pass both the test and the practice teaching, you will qualify to become a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher and you will be notified by email after the class. If you do not pass both test and practice teaching during the class, you will be given the opportunity to schedule a follow up test and practice teaching, within 6 months from the date of your IYTT class. If you do not pass the follow up test and practice teaching, you will be required to take the IYTT class again if you wish to pursue becoming a Certified Iron Yoga teacher.
4) Certification - Within 12 months from the date of your IYTT class, you will be required to sign the Iron Yoga agreement and provide your Professional Liability Insurance Policy. Once these documents have been received and approved by Iron Yoga, you will receive your Certified Iron Yoga Instructor Certificate. If we do not receive both your signed agreement and your liability insurance policy within 12 months from the date of your IYTT class, you will be required to take the IYTT class again if you wish to pursue becoming a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher.
5) After Becoming Certified - Once certified, your name, bio and contact information will be added to the Iron Yoga website as a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher. You will be able to use the Iron Yoga name on any marketing materials for your classes and business.
6) Annual Renewal - By January 31 each year, you will be required to pay an Annual Renewal Fee of $50 in order to continue teaching the Iron Yoga workout. You will be reminded each year to pay your Annual Renewal Fee in order to maintain your certification, as well as provide your updated professional liability insurance policy certificate and sign the Iron Yoga agreement.
For questions, please send us a message via our Contact page.
REGISTER - November 11, 2023
1) Where can I buy liability insurance? - We recommend the Yoga Alliance Liability Insurance or BeYogi Insurance, both specializing in liability insurance for yoga teachers.
2) Do we have to do the teacher practice during the class? - Yes, it is required that you teach a short sequence, that will be assigned to you during the lunch break, during the afternoon of the class. We recommend learning the sequences as much as possible from the Iron Yoga book and videos before you attend the class so you feel well prepared to do the practice teaching.