Teacher Training Process, Terms and Cancellation Policy
1) Registration and Payment - Register online and make payment by clicking the button below. By registering for the class and making payment, you are agreeing to our cancellation policy which is outlined below. Once your payment has been received, you will receive an email confirmation for the course and a cancellation policy agreement that must be signed within 48 hours. If we do not receive your signed cancellation policy agreement within 48 hours, we have the right to cancel your class registration. Once the agreement has been signed, we will share our online Iron Yoga videos with you, as well as the secure online study material membership site.
2) Self Study and Online Test - To prepare for the class, you are required to purchase and read the Iron Yoga book (purchase on Amazon), watch the Iron Yoga videos in the membership site, learn the key principles of Iron Yoga and all the postures and sequences, complete all required actions inside the membership site and complete and pass an online test (80% pass rate) by 48 hours prior to the class. We recommend spending at least 15-20 hours learning the Iron Yoga routines and sequences and practicing by following along with the Iron Yoga videos. You may have 3 attempts at passing the test. Important Note: If you do not pass the test after 3 attempts, you will not be admitted into the online class, however you may attend a future class date for no additional cost, if you pass the test prior to that class, and subject to availability. If you do not attempt the test, you will not be admitted into the online class, and you may reschedule for a future class date by paying a $100 change fee, and subject to availability.
3) Certification Course - If you complete all the self study and online test requirements, you must attend a 1-day Iron Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course (referred to as “Class” from here on), led by a Master Iron Yoga Instructor. All modules during the course must be attended in order to complete your certification. You will teach a short Iron Yoga sequence during the afternoon of the class to the other students in the class. You will be evaluated, and feedback will be provided. If you pass the teaching practice, you will qualify to become a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher. You will either be notified at the end of the class or after the class via email. If you do not pass the teaching practice during the class, you will be given the opportunity to email us a video of your teaching practice within 6 months from the date of your Class. If you do not complete nor pass the follow up video teaching practice, you will be required to take the Class again if you wish to pursue becoming a Certified Iron Yoga teacher.
4) Certification - If you pass the teaching practice during the Class, you will be required to sign the Iron Yoga agreement and provide your Professional Liability Insurance Policy within 12 months from the date of your Class. Once these documents have been received and approved by Iron Yoga, you will receive your Certified Iron Yoga Instructor Certificate. If we do not receive both your signed agreement and your liability insurance policy within 12 months from the date of your Class, you will be required to take the Class again if you wish to pursue becoming a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher.
5) After Becoming Certified - Once fully certified, your name, bio and contact information will be added to the Iron Yoga website as a Certified Iron Yoga Teacher. You will be able to use the Iron Yoga name on any marketing materials for your classes and business.
6) Annual Renewal - By January 31 each year, you will be required to sign a new Iron Yoga agreement, provide your updated liability insurance policy and pay an Annual Renewal Fee of $50, in order to continue teaching Iron Yoga. You will be reminded each year to complete these items by January 31.
7) Cancellation Policy: There will be no refund if you cancel. For cancellations made 2 weeks or more prior to your scheduled Class, you may reschedule for a future Class for no additional cost. For cancellations made less than 2 weeks prior to your scheduled Class, you may reschedule for a future Class by paying a $100 change fee, subject to availability. If the Class is cancelled by Iron Yoga for any reason, you may either reschedule for a future Class, subject to availability, or request a refund. There are no exceptions to this policy.
For questions, please send us a message via our Contact page.
By registering for this class by clicking the button below you are agreeing to the above Iron Yoga Teacher Training Process, Terms and Cancellation Policy.
REGISTER - MARCH 16, 2024
1) Where can I buy liability insurance? - We recommend the Yoga Alliance Liability Insurance or BeYogi Insurance, both specializing in liability insurance for yoga teachers.
2) Do we have to do the teacher practice during the class? - Yes, it is required that you teach a short sequence, that will be assigned to you during the lunch break, during the afternoon of the class. We recommend learning the sequences as much as possible from the Iron Yoga book and videos before you attend the class so you feel well prepared to do the practice teaching.